16 de março de 2010

Revisão de Inglês - 1º Ano

Let´s Review -Exercises about Pronouns

Possessive Pronouns

1.Replace the personal pronouns by possessive pronouns.

a. This book is (you) .

b. The ball is (I) .

c. The blue car is (we) .

d. The ring is (she) .

e. We met Paul and Jane last night. This house is (they) .

f. The luggage is (he) .

g. The pictures are (she) .

h. In our garden is a bird. The nest is (it) .

i. This cat is (we) .

j. This was not my fault. It was (you) .

Subject Pronouns
2.Use the correct personal pronouns. Watch the words in brackets.

Example: ___ often reads books. (Lisa)
Answer: She often reads books.

a) is dreaming. (George)
b) is green. (the blackboard)
c) are on the wall. (the posters)
d) is running. (the dog)
e) are watching TV. (my mother and I)

f) are in the garden. (the flowers)
g) is riding his bike. (Tom)
h) is from Bristol. (Victoria)
i) has got a brother. (Diana)
j) Have got a computer, Mandy?

Object pronouns

3.Which object form of the personal pronoun can substitute the underlined phrase in the sentence?


a) The teacher always gives the students homework.

me
them
you
2) I am reading the book to my little sister.

her
us
him
3) The boys are riding their bikes.

it
them
her
4) My father is writing a letter to John.

me
her
him

5) I don't know the answer.

she
her
it
6) Sally is going to Anne.

her
him
me
7) Open the window, please.

it
them
us
8) Can you tell the people the way to the airport, please?

you
them
us
9) The books are for Peter.

him
her
you
10) Can you help my sister and me, please?

her
me
us

Possessive determiners

4.Choose the correct possessive determiners.
Example: I have got a sister. ___ name is Susan.
Answer: I have got a sister. Her name is Susan.
What´s  the pronoun ?

Hi Daniel,

name is John. This is_________ friend Jason. He's 12. _________sister is nine.________ pet is a budgie. _______name is Dickens. Jason and I go to the same school. There are 450 boys and girls in school. Jason's form teacher is Mrs. Peterson. She has got a pet, too. ________pet is a tortoise. Our form teacher is Mr. Smith. I like _______lessons. He has two dogs. The dogs love to play in garden. Now I have a question for you. What's________ pet?
Yours,
     John
Demonstrative Pronouns
5.Chosse the correct pronoun
1. __This_______beach was quite empty last year. (this-that-those)
2. _______exhibition will be open until the end of May. (that-these-those)
3.___________ people come from that hotel over there. (that-this-those)
4. What does__________ notice say? (that-this-these)
5. ___________exhibition closed a month ago.(those-these-that)
6. He was dismissed on the 13th. _________night the factory went on fire.(these-this-those)
7. Do you see________ birds at the top of the tree? (that-these-this)
8.__________ are the old classrooms.Those are the new ones. (these-that-this)
9._________ is my cousin, Jessica. (that-those-these)
10. Wasn't ________a horrible thing to say?(these-this-those)
11. He can't finish________ chocolate. Would you like some? (this-these-those)
12. Hello,________ is Rachel speaking. ' Hello. How are you, Rachel? (that-those-these)
13. Hey, Jillian, is________ your ring? I've just found it on the floor. (those-these-this)
14. Look at__________ woman over there. She's a Spanish teacher (those-that-these)
15. ' Jane! __________is her penfriend Joe'. ' Hello, pleased to meet you'. (that-those-these)
16. Look at _______painting over there. What fabulous colours! (this-those-these)
17. Don't take _________mug, it's broken. Take this one. (those-that-these)
18. Listen!___________ awful dog next door is barking again. (these-this-those)
19. His uncle, who fought in world war II, told him that in ________days they didn't have enough food. (that-those)
20. ________mountains in the distance are the Alps. (this-these)
21. Mmm. I love___________ pancakes. They're home-made, aren't they? (that-those-this)
                                                                                              
                                                                                      Sucssess!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário