2 de março de 2010

Exercises - Modal Verbs

Modal Verbs


Questões de Vestibular



01. In the passage: “I think they should care more

about what men think”, should can be

replaced for:

a) could

b) ought to

c) may

d) might



02. Read the sentences below. Which sentence

expresses which view?

1- I'm giving up work tomorrow.

2- I imagine this soccer club will win the

championship.

3- I'm going to retire when I'm about 55.

4- That must have been George.

5- Can I borrow your pen for a moment?

a) obligation / assumption / plan / certainty

/ lack of obligation

b) certainty / anticipation / request /

assumption / permission

c) certainty / prediction / intention /

assumption / permission

d) duty / plan / wish / intention / possibility



03. I'm sorry I couldn't come yesterday. I _____

work late.

a) have to

b) might

c) had to

d) ought to



04. The speed limit is 80 kilometers an hour, but

he is doing 90. He _____ be driving so fast.

a) must

b) shouldn't

c) doesn't have to

d) can't

05. The weather forecast is not very good. It

_____ rain tonight.

a) might

b) can

c) could

d) would



06. Complete the sentence below: Those clouds

are very black, aren't they? I think _____.

a) It can rain.

b) The rain has been come.

c) It will rain.

d) It's going to rain.



QUESTION 07: In “I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning

of …” and “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation …” the modal

verb express

A) regret

B) promise

C) prediction

D) ability

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário